I'm wearing: hat from Kaila, American Apparel cape, Zara knit, Free's Shop dress, Grimoire stockings, New Balance
Here are my tips on how to dress-up when going to Tokyo Disneyland:
1. Trends in Tokyo Disney Resorts are strong! Pretty similar with other countries who wear couple shirts or shoes but more peculiar (Hello! This is Japan!) so expect group of teenagers wearing matching outfits (not just similar outfits but TOTALLY THE SAME), little girls wearing Disney princesses gowns and almost everyone has a Disney hat, head band, etc. Carrying kawaii Disney popcorn buckets are also IN. I opt to wear a KITTY hat just because!
2. Comfortable shoes (like my New Balance of course). It'll be a long day full of fun and WALKING! You know what I mean, I don't have to explain.
3. Since it's Winter now, do not forget your fashionable coat or cape! Mine's my 4 year old American Apparel cape. Even if it's pretty warm and sunny in the morning, I'm 100% sure that it will be chilly at night. You can just easily take it off if it's hot anyway.
4. If you WANT, you can wear a costume. I promise you no one will bother you!
5. Don't go bankrupt, it's definitely a fashion no-no. Keep your belonging safe and secured. Japan is generally safe country but you'll never know. And by the way, entrance fee was raised to ¥6400 lately.
TIPS: If you're scared of crowded places like me, try to avoid weekends, New Year’s rush (December 31st, January 1st – 5th), Golden Week (April 29th – May 5th), Obon (August 13th – 15th), and any of the other Japanese National Holidays.